Friday, January 20, 2017

20/365 early bird

I realized that 2017 is going great so far! One thing I was great at in 2016 was sleeping in. I loved sleeping in. It was something I always looked forward to. Whether it be having classes that we're not 8 in the morning or even weekends that required me not to do anything important. I cherished those moments and made sure to make every minute count. But now it's different.

This year, 2017, I have been waking up at least by 6:15 am. Me and my girlfriend share my car to get to work or school, so to beat traffic and get to our certain destinations - we car pool. It's not great being late and it certainly is not safe to be driving anywhere feeling the idea of being rushed. So I have decided to become a morning person for several reasons.

1. Beauty and makeup.
I literally make time for this. If this means I have to be up at least an hour and a half before - I will do it. I have a lot of makeup and I never like wasting it. I make sure everyday my eyebrows are on, eyeliner on fleek & eyelashes are perfect. I think makeup makes me feel more awake, definitely cuter & keeps me feeling a little confident theoughout the day.

2. Work work work.
I'm definitely not a person to be cheap... so on weekends I work every morning for at least 4-5 hours. Because of my classes being so early I never have time to schedule work times. I accepted the fact that waking up early and making money will only suffice. Plus it is a good way to start my day because it makes me feel a little better that I'm not wasting my time. I'm actually using the whole day!

3. Sleeping early.
Knowing I have an early morning also pushes me to sleep early. I was never one to like sleeping early... but knowing I have to wake up early than usual - I make sure I get my ten hours of sleep. It's not fun to feel tired during the day and being a grump. Sleep is important! I need to re-energize somehow!

Love,
Mari J Leano

No comments:

Post a Comment